MBA Rendezvous

Extempore speech tests your confidence

My parents were worried on my stammering but doctors advised that it is just a habit and would be cured with passage of time. But during schooling I started to hide my unsocial habit. The more I was hiding, it was getting more obvious. Today being adult it is a sort of fear psychosis in my mind that I won’t be able to speak well.

I felt happy and encouraged that I got a call from one of new IIMs but I was very much worried to face extempore speech test. I might not speak well and I may be rejected because of shear fact that a manger must be very good in communication. Those were my repeated sentences which I was murmuring within me.

To my pleasant surprise when selection penal told me that you are through and are eligible for PI, I was thrilled. 

Later I realized that my habit was getting worsened with psychology of perceiving unnecessary fear. I was told that in Extempore Speech they judge your confidence and in spite of shortcomings I was able to touch the heart of my audience with logical presentation.  I spoke from my heart with one single focus to enthrall my audience with a take away as message on Inefficiency. 

Over a period of time now I am almost perfect in communication. Thanks to my regained communication power which I reinvented during my stay at IIM.
 
It would be worthwhile to know that few big personalities also overcame this problem like: Winston Churchill, Newton, Aristotle and present day famous Jack Welsh, Tiger Woods and Hrithik Roshan.

Lesson of my story is that we must not be afraid of any physical shortcomings as MBA education leads you to overcome any hurdle and you become professional. 

Extempore speech is test to judge confidence level, mental agility and overall vision. 









1 comment:

  1. Great information at here about Extempore speech tests your confidence. It is very informative article for the readers and it helpful to the other people same as helpful to me. You article's content are so good as per details. Keep sharing your info at here.

    Top Schools in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete